Translation problems with planned transactions schedule

Dmitry Pavlov zeldigas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 15:05:13 EDT 2014

If I get you right, you'd like to know what is the difference between using
this context (or disambiguation prefixes) and plural functions. The main
difference is dynamic UI updates. With plurals you need to update labels
around the inputs on every change of spinbox or combobox. Even if that
updates exists (now it seems to be a static label, that is set in .glade
file) plurals still have problems, because correct "Every" translation
depends on the frequency type.
If we use only context, then for almost every value in input translation
can fit well (exception can be singular form). But it would surely be more
correct then now.
So the ideal situation is a context to differentiate types + dynamic labels
to format correct plural forms. But I'm afraid it would take a lot of work
+ editing "controlling" code, not just glade xml. I'm ready to edit xml
file and provide a patch, but not ready to dig in c code to add dynamic
labels.

As for minimum Gtk version. I think it is 2.18, but not sure. That info i
found here (https://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.37/glib-I18N.html#C-:CAPS,
see "since" section for functions).
Locally I test on ubuntu with the following installed package:
libgtk2.0-dev ver. 2.24.10-0ubuntu6. gettext version is 0.18.1.1-5ubuntu3
Pot file is generated well:
#: ../src/gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/gnc-frequency.glade.h:7
msgctxt "Daily"
msgid "Every"
msgstr ""

I tried to add this to ru.po. Translated, make && make install, works fine.

--
С уважением,
Дмитрий Павлов