About me

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 2 12:25:05 EDT 2014

On Aug 2, 2014, at 7:58 AM, Per Johansson <per at johansson.name> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I just joined this list. My first "contribution" was to point out that the Swedish translation file http://translationproject.org/PO-files/sv/gnucash-2.6.2.sv.po had not made it into the build.
>
> I am mainly interested in the Swedish localisation. Specifically:
>
> Adding sv_AX and sv_FI locales (I live in the sv_AX area)
>
> Adding account plans for them (Probably translate the fi_FI account plans into Swedish)
>
> Perhaps translate missing Swedish language texts.
>

> CV: I work as a system developer at Crosskey Banking Solutions with Java, JSP, Struts, etc. I also program and do bookkeeping in my free time, and recently released a Firefox extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/sv-SE/firefox/addon/direct-currency-converter/

Welcome.

The sv translation is handled by the Translation Project and as you showed it's actively supported, but is only 2/3 complete. Please contact the TP coordinators if you want to help complete that translation. Depending upon how similar are the forms of written Swedish between Sweden and Finland it may well make the most sense to make your sv_AX and sv_FI translations derivative on the main one, in which case it would be best to coordinate them through the TP as well.

A Swedish translation of the Finnish account plans should be submitted directly, either with a bug report and patch, Github pull request, or attaching a tgz of the file to a post here.

Regards,
John Ralls