About me

Per Johansson per at johansson.name
Wed Aug 20 16:34:56 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-02 19:25, John Ralls wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2014, at 7:58 AM, Per Johansson <per at johansson.name>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just joined this list. My first "contribution" was to point out
>> that the Swedish translation file
>> http://translationproject.org/PO-files/sv/gnucash-2.6.2.sv.po had
>> not made it into the build.
>>
>> I am mainly interested in the Swedish localisation. Specifically:
>>
>> Adding sv_AX and sv_FI locales (I live in the sv_AX area)
>>
>> Adding account plans for them (Probably translate the fi_FI account
>> plans into Swedish)
>>
>> Perhaps translate missing Swedish language texts.
>>

>> CV: I work as a system developer at Crosskey Banking Solutions with
>> Java, JSP, Struts, etc. I also program and do bookkeeping in my
>> free time, and recently released a Firefox extension:
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/sv-SE/firefox/addon/direct-currency-converter/
>>

> Welcome.
>
> The sv translation is handled by the Translation Project and as you
> showed it's actively supported, but is only 2/3 complete. Please
> contact the TP coordinators if you want to help complete that
> translation. Depending upon how similar are the forms of written
> Swedish between Sweden and Finland it may well make the most sense to
> make your sv_AX and sv_FI translations derivative on the main one, in
> which case it would be best to coordinate them through the TP as
> well.
>
> A Swedish translation of the Finnish account plans should be
> submitted directly, either with a bug report and patch, Github pull
> request, or attaching a tgz of the file to a post here.
>
> Regards, John Ralls

Hello again.

The first thing I would like to do is adding sv_AX and sv_FI locales.
With that I don't mean translation files (sv_SE is good enough) but
things like currency formatting.
When I run Gnucash in sv_AX amounts are formatted like this: "€5,082.82"
but if I use sv_SE they are formatted correctly.
I suppose that Gnucash does not recognise sv_AX so it uses a fallback
(en_US) locale.

How can this be done?

Per Johansson