Building on Windows from scratch - guile problem

Gary Bilkus mail at gary.bilkus.com
Thu Jan 9 08:36:13 EST 2014

I have done some testing of my build, and it appears there is some kind
of problem with guile

The symptom is that whenever I try to run a report, even hello world, it
fails.

Digging into things, it turns out that there is at least one problem
with the guile build, whcih is that
character constants like #\space are not being initialized correctly.

Just running guile standalone shows the problem.

guile> #\space
\#nul

So there's obviously some problem with the guile build over and above
the library naming one I found earlier. Not sure if it's the version,
the compiler version or what.

Will investigate further, but any suggestions or experience from other
would be welcome....
Gary