Poll: when to migrate code to the new server?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 21 11:52:12 EST 2014

Hi,

The new-code server is just about ready for migration.  I've got most of
the services already installed and tested, (although some less vital
services have not been fully tested yet).

My main question is when to migrate?  One thing to keep in mind is that
the new server will not support subversion (except in a read-only
fashion so existing trac URLs will work).  This means that once we
migrate the 2.4 series will be dead, unless we upgrade the build server
to handle 2.4 from git.

Migration will require downtime, probably a good 4 hours (or more) in
order to make sure data isn't changing as the migration occurs.  I've
pre-copied most of the data already so subsequent rsyncs should be
faster.  But then I'll also need to test everything to make sure it's
working, and I'll have to migrate/upgrade mediawiki by hand.

So this is a long-winded way of asking when we think 2.4 will be
completely done and when I should schedule the migration?  I know 2.6.1
is planned for this weekend, so I'm assuming it'll be at least the
following week, so maybe the weekend of Feb 1-2?