Translations of GNUCash into Konkani Language

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Sun Mar 30 11:34:49 EDT 2014

John,

I can get the Spanish version of (devel) gnucash to work fine if I change
System Preferences->Language/Region to Spanish as the primary language and
then reboot my Mac.  But if I don't do this, and I want to get the
(development) version of gnucash to run in Spanish, no setting of
LANG/LANGUAGE/LC_* seems to do it.  The following of:

LANGUAGE=es LANG=es ./gnucash
(process:377): gnc.gui-WARNING **: [set_mac_locale()] Apple Locale is set
to a value en_IN not supported by the C runtime
(process:377): gnc.gui-WARNING **: [set_mac_locale()] Using en_IE instead.
(process:377): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Backtrace:
In
/Users/jaearick/gnucash-project/gnucash-git/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:
  76: 0* [setlocale 0 ""]
/Users/jaearick/gnucash-project/gnucash-git/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:76:1:
In procedure setlocale in expression (setlocale LC_ALL ""):
/Users/jaearick/gnucash-project/gnucash-git/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:76:1:
Invalid argument

Even if I explicitly define all of the LANG/LANGUAGE/LC_* environment
variables, same error.  Totally puzzled...

-Jeff