GnuCash Android v1.6.0 pre-beta

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:19:15 EDT 2015

On 4/29/2015 5:06 PM, Ngewi Fet wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:13 PM, David Carlson
> <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com <mailto:david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     My primary data file is 4,519KB compressed
>     XML.  When I use release 1.5.5 GnuCash for Android to open it, I
>     do not
>     get any transactions at all, but lots of accounts.  The 1.6.0 pre beta
>     dated April 24 gives an error message and fails to open that file.
>

> The file size seems small enough and should be handled well. It is
> hard for me to say what went wrong with the import on 1.5.5 without
> any logs or the XML file. The import logging has improved a bit since
> 1.5.5.
> What does the error message say? Are there any specifics, or just a
> generic failure message?
>

>     I found a very old file that is about 1 Gig smaller.
>

> Is the previous file 4MB or 4GB big?
>

>     When I use release
>     1.5.5 Gnucash for Android to open that file, it does import lots of
>     transactions, but I know that it is not getting transactions that have
>     many split lines, such as paycheck deposits.
>

> Could you send me an example of such a transaction? Just an XML
> snippet from the unzipped .gnucash file.
>

>     You just released that new build while I was testing.
>

> I would be very interested to know if the import succeeds in the new
> build which I just released.
> Please keep me posted. Thank you for all the feedback!
>
> Regards,
> Ngewi

I am still under the influence of Vicodin and using the wrong hand to
hunt and peck on the keyboard so I cannot do details for a few days.  I
think you are very very close to having a great product.

I am in the  United States reading file sizes out of a Windows
directory, so the comma means thousands of MB.  My file is large.  I
think that you are in the EU.  Different comma, different locale.  :-)

David C