Your email...

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:55:50 EDT 2015

Liz,

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> Alex, your email address is often getting picked up as a support email
> address, presumably because A is first in the alphabet.
>
> Do you know from where this is collected?
> How can we put "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" at the top of these lists?
>

> Liz

Yes this is happening a bit and is mildly annoying.

And I hadn't been able to figure out why until a few weeks ago I noticed
that the Windows version of gnucash (my wife uses that for her small
business, I use Linux) has, under Help->About, a "credits" button that is
not on the Linux version. When you click on that button it lists
contributors for both development and documentation. My e-mail is listed
under both groups, along with many others, but is not the first, though
near the top for documentors.

But I do remember recently stumbling onto a pop-up of some kind that did
show contributors and my name and e-mail was the first on the list. But I
can't find it again or figure out where I saw it.

Your suggestion is excellent: we should put a comment in these places
suggesting to people that, though this information is provided, it is not
courteous to contact the listed people directly and that, instead, users
are welcome to, and should, ask all and any questions @ "
gnucash-user at gnucash.org" where people can respond in a voluntary basis and
based on knowledge of the particular part of gnucash that their question
pertains to.

I am not personally familiar with where these lists come from, nor where
that other list, that I can no longer find, was.

Perhaps one of the other developers can make a recommendation as to how we
can implement your suggestion.

Thanks,

Alex