Multiple mismatchs between e.g. gnucash-guide.xml and *-C.omf

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:35:27 EST 2017

I am currently searching a good form of olinks for referencing e.g.
between guide and help. But their parameters depend on the docbook
version. Looking in gnucash-guide I see

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN" ...

By accident I see in gnucash-guide-C.omf, the opensource meta file

<format mime="text/xml" dtd="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"/>

Might yelp be confused if I would use olinks in a form, which was
introduced in 4.2?

Also other other parameters differ. In short, our omfs are all outdated.

This would not had happen, if we had updated
more often. As you can see from
<!--
      (Do not remove this comment block.)
  Template Maintained by the GNOME Documentation Project:
	  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp
  Template version: 2.0 beta
  Template last modified Feb 12, 2002
-->
our docs are based on gnome-doc-utils-devel or it's ancestor.

WHile working on the pdf generation Geert updated gnome-doc-utils (our
xslt directory) from 1.45 to 1.75.2
but the devel part (templates, makefile ...) was not incorporated.

Otherwise the omf files would be generated dynamical with recent date,
version number, contributor list ...

So I would suggest to merge gnome-doc-utils-devel-0.20.10 or similar
before GDP drops docbook support - they now prefer their homebrew
mallard, other licenses etc.

If you agree, should we do it on maint or master, cherrypick or switch
complete? I currently have no complete overview of the divergence
between the make files.

Your thoughts?

~Frank