Building with CMake

Rob Gowin robg at gowin.net
Thu Jun 1 08:16:29 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:19 AM, DaveC49 <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am getting an error as follows while building a branch from the master
> for
> gnucash to implement links to documents in invoices/bills/creditNotes etc.
>
> $ cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/gnucash-devel ../gnucash
> CMake Error at libqof/qof/test/CMakeLists.txt:44 (GNC_ADD_TEST):
>   Unknown CMake command "GNC_ADD_TEST".

> I am presuming that GNC_ADD_TEST is a macro but cannot find where it is
> defined or if it is defined.  Is anyone able to enlighten me as to where I
> can or should find it and what the macro is
>
> Thanks
>
> David Cousens

Hi David,

The GNC_ADD_TEST function is defined in src/cmake_modules/GncAddTest.cmake.
See here:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/master/src/cmake_modules/GncAddTest.cmake#L40

Perhaps you only have a partial checkout of the branch? What version of
CMake are you using (cmake -version) and on what platform? For what it's
worth, I just checked that master builds on Ubuntu 16.04 without error.

Regards,

Rob