Building with CMake

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 1 18:05:23 EDT 2017

Hi Rob,
 I found the GNC_ADD_TEST function in src/cmake-modules but for some reason
it is not being picked up during the execution of the toplevel
CmakeLists.txt where it is included.

I am working on Linux Mint 18.1 (Ubuntu 16.04) and cmake 3.5.1. There is
probably something not quite right with my setup. Haven't used cmake before
soI am still working out how it traverses the directories. The checkout
seems to be complete. I also have 2.6.16 sources downloaded to compare them
withand I had no problem building them with the autotools.

 I have also tried the cmake-gui. It will no doubt be somethingI have not
quite right. I had a lot of fun getting cmake to find ggogle-test and
google-mock as well as the location of the boost libraries as I had
installed and compiled them from downloads rather than using the versions in
the LM distro I am still getting used to the library naming in LM which
differs slightly). It is possible I have defined an environment variable
which is mucking things up.

Thanks

David