Access to code.gnucash.org

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:31:15 EST 2018

Hi David,

Am 26.01.2018 um 05:09 schrieb D via gnucash-devel:
> Hello,
>
> I am editing the various wiki pages that address using git (mostly, "Git" and "Git for Newbies"), and I noted that on the Git page, it talks about connecting to code.gnucash.org. The newbie page, however talks solely about connecting through github. My question is this: aside from the core developers, is anyone supposed to work directly with code.gnucash.org? Should it even be mentioned on the Git instruction pages, or should that be put into some other page? My sense is that non-committing (noncommittal?) contributors are only going to use github. Am I wrong in this assumption?
>
> David

it is really simple. The usage of git is older than that of github. So
the page might have obsolete details.

Everybody should pull from github.

Core devs must push to code.gnucash.org,
others to their own fork which usually will be on github.

BTW, I saw in your recent edits "lists.gnucash.org/docs/...".
While currently it is physically the same, I would use
"code.gnucash.org" - the build server, instead of the mailing lists server.

Cheers
Frank