[GNC-dev] Git Questions With Documentation

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 15 18:12:31 EDT 2018

David

Main reason I pushed it through to the current Help manual is that I had it completed to slot in there already apart
from a bit of minor debugging. If the current vesion of the guide continues for v3.3 I thought it was worth having it in
the help manual at least. I agree it is really material for the guide. I had a look at your Github repository but I
coudn't see a branch for the new guide and you were 139 commits behind the maint on the Gnucash github, so I figured it
was easier to put it there and you can extract it from there. Changes are in Help_ch_Transactions.xml. I can send you
the code that you can slot into an appropriate position in the guide or formulate it as a pull request.  It is mainly
<sect2 > and <sect3> structures that should slot into an existing chapter structure without any problem. I'll attach the
XML file here as well.

There is one reference to a figure which is missing in the Import QIF section as for some reason i couldn't pull it off
the wiki and a few points where a couple of pics of the import matcher would make things even clearer. I'll put together
a patch for that. Probably worth waiting for the new guide to do that.

David Cousens