[GNC-dev] Git Questions With Documentation

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 11:32:34 EDT 2018

David,

I did not see this message previously; it got flagged as spam.

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 6:12 PM, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> David
>
> Main reason I pushed it through to the current Help manual is that I had it completed to slot in there already apart
> from a bit of minor debugging. If the current vesion of the guide continues for v3.3 I thought it was worth having it in
> the help manual at least. I agree it is really material for the guide. I had a look at your Github repository but I
> coudn't see a branch for the new guide and you were 139 commits behind the maint on the Gnucash github, so I figured it
> was easier to put it there and you can extract it from there.

I think you might have been comparing my fork of the program here, rather than my fork of gnucash-docs. AFAICT, my gnucash-docs fork of maint is even with the main repo, and my branch for bug-796855 is 5 commits ahead of gnucash-docs.

> Changes are in Help_ch_Transactions.xml. I can send you
> the code that you can slot into an appropriate position in the guide or formulate it as a pull request.  It is mainly
> <sect2 > and <sect3> structures that should slot into an existing chapter structure without any problem. I'll attach the
> XML file here as well.

I will try to dump your addition directly into mine shortly and see how that goes. If it happens smoothly, we can proceed from there.

> There is one reference to a figure which is missing in the Import QIF section as for some reason i couldn't pull it off
> the wiki and a few points where a couple of pics of the import matcher would make things even clearer. I'll put together
> a patch for that. Probably worth waiting for the new guide to do that.
>
> David Cousens

David T.