[GNC-dev] webkitgtk

c.holtermann at gmx.de c.holtermann at gmx.de
Wed Sep 26 13:02:16 EDT 2018

Am 2018-09-26 16:03, schrieb cicko:
> John Ralls-2 wrote
>> No, pywebview will never support WebKit2Gtk because WebKit2Gtk is Gtk3
>> only and pywebview, like pygtk, is Gtk2-only. You need to rewrite your
>> whole application for Gtk3 using pygobject.
>
> You may well be right but do check out this branch:
> https://github.com/r0x0r/pywebview/tree/webkit2
>
> Yesterday my time limit for investigation expired before getting to it
> so I
> might continue with this on the weekend. Qt5 version, however, works
> fine so
> I might as well not spend additional time on it. The browser window
> opens
> from Python code, which is good enough for me.
> On Windows, the example with running Flask in a separate thread and
> connecting to it from the client works fine. If the same happens on
> Linux
> and Android, then I might as well proceed in that direction.
>
> Thanks for the comments.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html

I'm also looking into that direction as I have a python script fetching
my
bank data as csv from the web. It broke with the update to the recent
gnucash
from a version about 2 years old. I got it halfway working. It would be
interesting
to put some working code as an example script to the python bindings.
I'll add some details about what I am and have been using later.

regards,

Christoph Holtermann