[GNC-dev] AR Translation Guidance

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu May 23 04:11:39 EDT 2019

Hi Milad,

Thank you for your interest in helping with the Arabic translation of our
project.

We have a wiki page with lots of information on how to contribute to the
translation:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation

A few additional pointers to get you started:
* According to https://translationproject.org/domain/gnucash.html the Arabic
translation is not managed via the translation project. So you don't have to
take that service into account.
* According to our Arabic translation source file https://
raw.githubusercontent.com/Gnucash/gnucash/maint/po/ar.po the last translator
was Abdorhman Ayman <abdorhman.ayman at protonmail.com> and his last contribution
was from February this year. Before starting on the translation yourself, be
sure to contact Abdorman Ayman to coordinate further translation work. This is
primarily to avoid either of you doing double work.
* The translation seems to be in a reasonable good shape:
4455 translated messages, 491 fuzzy translations, 313 untranslated messages
As I can't read Arabic, of course I can't speak for the quality of the
translations. However all improvements to get the translation closer to 100%
or of a better quality are certainly welcome.

In case of questions, feel free to ask here or on irc.

And finally enjoy the ride!

Geert