[GNC-dev] Building debian files within Docker

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Sep 15 16:27:23 EDT 2019

On 9/15/19 10:37 AM, Dale Phurrough wrote:
> Hello. I recommend you ensure you have a working docker installation.
> https://docs.docker.com/get-started/#test-docker-installation provides
> a method to test. You should see a success with that hello-world.

It worked on Friday but failed today.  I think the docker group didn't
stay with the user as redoing that caused it to work.

> and you did
> read... https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/linux-postinstall/

Yup.

> If no joy with the above, I recommend you engage with Docker's
> community support resources and/or google search. I saw a lot of
> matching results with that error that include solutions.
>
> If the above hello-world demonstrates you have a successful docker
> install, then please send me (privately) your docker-compose.yml and
> I'll look at it. However, I don't think there's anything in that file
> that could cause the error you got. 🤔

Now it worked and I got these final few lines after several pages:

Successfully built 1ce9375f8d34
Successfully tagged gnucashbuilder:ubuntu-18.04
WARNING: Image for service ubuntu-18.04 was built because it did not
already exist. To rebuild this image you must use `docker-compose build`
or `docker-compose up --build`.
Creating gnucashbuilder-ubuntu-18.04 ... done

So, now, how do I get inside that and build the *.deb files?