[GNC-dev] Testing python

andygoblins andygoblins at gmx.com
Sat Apr 18 10:02:41 EDT 2020

   I'm tinkering with the python bindings, but I'm having trouble testing
   the results of my changes. Could anyone give me some advice?
   Currently, I build gnucash with ninja and then run 'python -m venv
   <build dir>' to set up a virtual python environment right next to the
   fresh build. But when I try to import gnucash in the virtual
   environment, it doesn't load any of the backends:
   WARN <gnc.engine> failed to load gncmod-backend-dbi from relative path
   ERROR <gnc.engine> required library gncmod-backend-dbi not found.
   WARN <gnc.engine> failed to load gncmod-backend-xml from relative path
   ERROR <gnc.engine> required library gncmod-backend-xml not found.
   Any ideas on how to fix my path so I can load backends in my test
   environment?