[GNC-dev] iOS app

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Apr 29 03:28:59 EDT 2020

Hi Camille,

I'm sorry to hear you had issues setting up a development system on the Mac. You can always
ask for help here if you want to retry. If you provide us with the details, we can help you make
progress and perhaps identify bits of the setup that need more polishing.

That aside, I run my cmake and other build commands directly from the command line. For
editing I use KDevelop. It has syntax highlighting and semantic navigation (jump to declaration/
definition of a function, search for uses), dynamic static code analysis and so on. It also has git
and gdb integration but so far I have not really used that. I'm already too used to driving those
from the command line.

Other IDE's that may be worth checking out are
- Eclipse; I used it in the past, though it had the tendency to blow up on my from time to time. I
know one of our other devs is currently still using it.
- Gnome Builder; I never used it myself, but it is heavily focused on the gtk/gnome ecosystem
and optimized for that. As gnucash is a gtk application it may be useful.

Regards,

Geert