[Gnucash-nl] GnuCash import for ABN and ING import files

dbosveld op home.nl dbosveld op home.nl
Vr mei 1 13:21:16 EDT 2020

Hi all

I'm interested in the ING solution. Until version 3.9 I could import ING
MT940 files (for business accounts MT940 is available, see file).Since then
GNUCash doesn't respond.

So let me know if thers's a better solution

Regards,

Dolf Bosveld

Van: Gnucash-nl <gnucash-nl-bounces+dbosveld=home.nl op gnucash.org> Namens
Yuri Radomsky
Verzonden: donderdag 30 april 2020 23:33
Aan: gnucash-nl op gnucash.org
Onderwerp: [Gnucash-nl] GnuCash import for ABN and ING import files

Hi group,

I will write in English because it's easier for me this way. I am writing to
this group because it has info specific for Dutch banks.

I am using GnuCash for some time now and I have dutch ABN and ING accounts.
Importing data from those accounts to GnuCash is a challenge:

 - for ABN TM940 export files GnuCash import settings must be adjusted (skip
first 3 lines of each record. Luckily this was googleable)

 - ING doesn't provide MT940 export, only CSV.

What I've done is written some scripts (small program actually) to 'prepare'
the import files:

 - For ABN: remove those first 3 lines, so you don't have to play with
GnuCash settings. Future plan: tweak the description so it is more readable.

 - For ING: create a MT940 file from their CSV file, tweak the description
to be more readable.

Is anyone in this groups interested in those scripts? If so, I can make them
more user-friendly and share, with some instructions, via GitHub, for
example.\

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,

Yuri