Palm Pilot's and GnuCash?

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:57:43 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Paul Lussier said:

> In a message dated: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:56:18 +1100
> Robert Graham Merkel said:
>
> >If you're a programmer and are interested in working on this stuff
> >yourself I can provide you with some pointers.
>
> Ahm, I'd love too, but I wouldn't call myself a programmer.  The only language
> I really know with any certainty is perl.  Lisp/Scheme/Guile make no sense to
> me (yet, maybe someday).  My C is fairly basic.
>
> Would you judge this type of thing to be fairly simple?  If so, please provide
> the pointers and I can give it a try.

First thing is to probably familiarize yourself with the gnome/palm
'conduits', and the gnome-pilot daemon.  There are some working sync
things for gnome calender and address book.  I don't think you need to
know lisp/scheme/guile for that, just be able to read the C docs.
Once you've got that figured out, you probably want to bring it up again
on the gnucash-devel mailing list.

--linas