SEGFAULT when importing old (binary) files

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:13:46 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that lee said:

> linas@linas.org wrote:
>
> > It's been rumoured that Herbert Thoma said:
> > >
> > > With the newest cvs version I get a segfault when I
> > > try to import a old data file.
>
> i want to use gnucash but i can't if ...

First of all, you should ***not*** !! be using the latest CVS version,
or any of te 1.5.x versions.  These are highly unstable, and *will*
crash and currently discard price data.   These are fo develpers only.
They are *not* read for beta-test.

> i the reporting wont work and I
> need to know to get on with things :)
>
> please can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong if anything that I can't
> get reports to show a transaction list by payee.....at least thats how
> cbb does it.....i'm just trying to setup so i know how  much money goes
> to which vendor :)

For whatever reason, no one has writen such a report.

However, you can do the same thing this way:
click on the 'Find' icon (little magnifyin glass)
click on the tab folder 'description'
enter in the payee name, click on 'find'

this will show all transactions with that payee.

This should work fine in the 1.4.x series.

--linas