Automatically splitting incoming money?

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:47:54 -0500

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 09:44:20AM +1100, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> That's correct.  What I (and presumably others) will want to be able
> to do, is have the correct GST calculated when a transaction is made,
> and placed in that GST account.

So GST sounds basically identical to what's just called "sales tax" in
the US.  It might make sense to have a "taxable purchase" accelerator
of some kind that will add a split for a preference-settable tax rate
and a preference-settable tax account on the transaction; you enter
the total purchase amount (price + GST) and it computes the GST; there
should probably be a settable rate field, with the default being the
preference value.

b.g.