Can I do a split with different dates?

Tim Nowaczyk zimage@upl.cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:45:35 -0500

  Here's an example.  I buy a chair for a friend, and three days later he pays me back.  What I've been doing is ...
  1/12/01  Credit    -$100
           Expense   +$100
  1/15/01  Cash      +$100
           Expense   -$100

  Then I have this silly account laying around (called Expense in this example) that simply serves as a kind of piggy bank for stuff that will be paid back to me.  Is there a way to make a split that will have different dates, so I can simply do...
  1/12/01 Credit -$100
  1/15/01 Cash   +$100

  and have the money kinda' in limbo for three days?...   Hmm, I guess it's not good to have "ghost" money.  How do you guys deal with this issue?

  Thanks,
  Tim Nowaczyk

  <>< Truth