Can I do a split with different dates?

Phillip J Shelton shelton11@dingoblue.net.au
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:55:11 +1000

No you can not have splits with different dates.

and your 'silly account' is what business call an "accounts receivable" account.  It has a very important use.

If you write a check or are billed and have a time frame in which to repay you should also have  an "accounts payable" account to show that you promised money on the 14, say, and the actual transaction happened on the 17.