What are all these files?

Linas Vepstas linas@backlot.linas.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:35:00 -0500

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:27:41PM -0400, Stan Brown was heard to remark:
>=20
> Which do I need to keep, and which are safe to delte? There are .xac, .log
> and .LNK files there.=20
>
> What are these sued for, and do I need to keep all of them, or can I
> periodicly purge some of them?

=2Exac are the backup copies. (can be deleted if you make your own
backups)
=2Elog are journals, handy for recovery in case of crash.  (can be deleted)
=2Elnk prevents multiple copies of gnucash from trying to edit the same
file at the ame time.  These are supposed to be automatically removed by
gnucash itself ... if tey're old, delete them.

--linas