GnuCash for Small Business?

Jennifer dlphnluvr@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:34:14 -0500

I am looking at starting my own business and I am looking for accounting
software for Linux.  I run Mandrake 8.0 currently and will continue with
later versions of Mandrake.  I am curious as to whether or not GnuCash will
go toward the small business side of the world.  I think that if it is
possible to keep the home user program but as well create a program for the
small business, it would catch on.

What I am looking for is preferably one program, but a combination of
programs will work, that cover the following.  I am willing to pay for the
programs but am having little luck finding them.

I need the following:

-Payroll
-Accounts Recieveable
-Accounts Payable
-Invoicing
-Billing
-Tax Preparation
-Of Course Check Book Entry
-Contract Tracking
-Appointment Scheduler
-Something that will do job estimates that will let me input the format for
	calculation with capability of using a variety of possibilities to calculate
	estimates
-Quarterly & Annual Summaries
-Anything else to keep the business running smoothly that I am overlooking.

I know this is a lot to ask out of one program and I honestly do not expect
to see it.  If I can get some of it out of GnuCash, Great!  If anyone knows
of other programs that will do some of these things, please drop me an email.

Sincerely,
Jennifer