gnucash-user digest, Vol 1 #245 - 8 msgs

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:18:04 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that brownh@hartford-hwp.com said:

> > Very interesting. I'm using Gnome with enlightenment. There is indeed
> > a gnucash icon in the menu, and when I dragged it to the Panel and
> > clicked it, gnucash started properly. Apparently my own custom
> > launcher for gnupad is not smart enough to load into the current
> > desktop.
>
> Sorry to follow up on my own note, but I spoke too soon. While using
> the icon installed by gnucash in the menuing system at first started
> gnucash in the current virtual directory, that only happened the
> first 2-3 times.
>
> Now, when I click that installed icon when in one virtual desktop, I'm
> kicked over to another (#1) virtual desktop where gnucash proceeds to
> open. I'm running enlightenment under GNOME with RH 7.0, and have the
> Jan 29 build of gnucash.
>
> Can anyone tell me the logic behind this?

Best of my knowledge, gnucash doesn't fiddle with any of this.
So to me, this sounds like a gnome or an enlightment bug.
Unless we've somehow invoked some gnome utility routine that
takes some unexpected default.  I'm not sure how to track this down...

--linas