gnucash-user digest, Vol 1 #245 - 8 msgs

brownh@hartford-hwp.com brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:51:49 -0500

> > Now, when I click that installed icon when in one virtual desktop, I'm
> > kicked over to another (#1) virtual desktop where gnucash proceeds to
> > open. I'm running enlightenment under GNOME with RH 7.0, and have the
> > Jan 29 build of gnucash.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me the logic behind this?
>
> Best of my knowledge, gnucash doesn't fiddle with any of this.
> So to me, this sounds like a gnome or an enlightment bug.
> Unless we've somehow invoked some gnome utility routine that
> takes some unexpected default.  I'm not sure how to track this down...

Sorry if this note duplicates one already sent to the list. But here's
the answer. The upgrade to Red Hat 7.0 includes a feature that newly
created windows can remember the virtual desktop in which to
start. The solution is to move the gnucash window to the desktop you
prefer and then go through the Remember... routine to remember that
virtual desktop. From that point the gnucash window opens in the desktop you
prefer.

Haines Brown