On-line Banking Download Problem

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
26 Feb 2001 23:00:15 -0600

"Richard Court" <lostsocks@my-deja.com> writes:

> When I attempt to download the .qif files, instead of a download
> dialog window, I get a window displaying some of the transactions
> headed /tmp/MO3...qif with a 'stderr' message at the bottom. Also, I
> vaguely remember seeing some MIME error messages as well.

Sounds like a problem with either your system-wide, or personal
Netscape "Applications" setup.  If you look in your preferences under
the Navigator sub-section, you'll see an Applications section.  Scroll
through the list there and see if it has any settings for .qfx files.
If so, you should "Edit" the setting and change "Handled By" to "Save
To Disk".

Alternately, presuming I'm right about the cause of your problem, if
you're clicking on a link to get your file, then as a one-shot fix you
should be able to just right click on the link and select "Save Link
As" from the resulting pop-up menu.

Hope this helps