Mortgages and other "loan" types?

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:50:05 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Paul Lussier said:
> >> Is there a description of the file format for the .xac file that GnuCash
> >> uses some where on the website and maybe some example perl code I could
> >> look at to learn how to parse it?
> >
> >The CVS version uses an XML format -- it's fairly straightforward
> >once you take a look at it, but feel free to ask additional questions.
>
> Oh, okay, so this stuff is completely re-designed for the 1.5.x branch?
> I assume that means the gnucash.xac file will be deprecated once 1.5 reaches a
> stable point?

Yes.

The recommended way of accessing either file format is to use
the libgnc_engine api.  The API is guarenteed to
read/write/manipulate the data in a slef-consistent manner.
We use swig to build it into a perl module to make it accessible to
perl scripts. See gnc-prices for a sample perl script.

--linas