Automatic bills ???

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:12:57 -0500

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:24:31PM -0400, Paul Lussier was heard to remark:

> Well, I'm not crazy about using Evolution for this type of thing,

It has four parts: an addresbook, a calander, a to-do-list, and a
mailreader.   They seem to be modular.  I've never used the email
reader (i use mutt).   The addressbook is prety slick, I love it.
The calander seems to be pretty good, I don't use it much.  The
to-do list needs work.

> No, if you could tie into Evolution only for the address db portion
> of it, then that might be okay.  Personally, I think it would be a
> lot better to tie into one calendar application and one address book
> application but store the GnuCash data separately from where those
> apps would normally look for it in case the user already uses those
> them and doesn't want the data merged.  You could support the option
> to merge the data should they want to, but keep it separate by
> default.

yes,exactly.

> merged with my business one.

The tricky part, that I haven't figured out what to do with, is data
storage.  Certainly, for the sql backend, I'd want the address and
calander data in sql, and not on the local disk. ...

> >what, you don't beleive in dll hell?

:-) that was a joke, in reference to the slashdot/lwn story ...

network bandwidth here is maxed out at 800kbits/sec, has been since
12:30 AM.

--linas