Multi-user gnucash

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:47:03 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

> Do you want me to test all the other signals available? What about other
> window managers?  I must have 7 or 8 on this Debian/unstable system I have
> at home.

Gord,

  I mean this in a kind way: I don't really care what gnucash does on your
system or anyone else's. What it's doing on mine is what concerns me.

  A couple of hours ago, I installed gnucash-1.4.10 on the other
workstation. When my wife logs in again and invokes gnucash, we'll see what
happens. (I've looked, and the data directory does not have any lock files).

  It may well be user error: I don't track what she does on her workstation,
I see the results in our accounting software and in gnucash. Perhaps she's
shutting down improperly, I don't know. I did remind her yesterday to use
the ctrl-q hot-key (or the File | Exit menu) rather than just closing the
window.

  Time will tell.

Thanks for your efforts,

Rich