Closing out a year?

Matthew T. Jachimstal matthew@uniqsys.com
10 May 2001 15:16:03 -0400

On 10 May 2001 15:12:19 -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> In a message dated: 10 May 2001 15:00:54 EDT
> Matthew "T." Jachimstal said:
>
> >I mentioned that this past January, I went to each expense and income
> >account and adjusted the balance to 0.00 as of 1 Jan. There was a
> >suggestion of keeping a list of accounts or flagging which ones should
> >be zeroed like this.
>
> Hmmmm, I can see where this would be beneficial for the purposes of
> comparing different accounts between years, but that doesn't allow
> for the easy isolation of the years when I want to save off to a
> separte file, does it?

It works somewhat nicely, but is a pain to go to EACH account and zero
it.

> Thanks, I hadn't thought of zero'ing things out for yearly
> comparisons :)

I hadn't thought of archiving each year in its own file. :)

That would be rather nice to have, just make the beginning balance of
the asset & liability accounts equal to the ending balance before
seperation. (Gee, that sound a lot like standard accounting practices.
:) )

Matthew

--
       Matthew T. Jachimstal        | Phone:  (419) 861-3331   .~.
         Software Engineer          | FAX:  (419) 861-3340     /V\