1.6.2 qif import crash

Paul Kinzelman paul@kinzelman.com
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 09:35:29 -0800

I've got a big honkin' .qif file from Quicken 2000 (about 9 years-worth)
that I'd like to import to GnuCash. Is this the right forum for this?
I have the crash dump, but it has no symbols. Would somebody
like to look at it? Should I post it here?

Also, during the import, there's a list if items in the
"Matching payees/memos to GnuCash Accounts"
but I can't find them anywhere in the Quicken. I thought
these would be uncategorized transactions, but I made sure
that all transactions in Quicken had categories (by using
the Find Uncategorized feature). If I look for a unique
string that was in the GnuCash list, I can't find it using
a Quicken find anywhere. It'd be *Very* helpful if that
GnuCash list had the date and account of the items in the
list so I could go back and fix the quicken data.

Incidently, I'm using RH7.2, and I had a hellofa time getting
gnucash up - the rpm said it was missing libgal.so.8
I searched the net and found others suggesting compiling the
source, but that didn't help, so I put libgal.so.8 in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib
and did rpm --nodeps to ignore the error.

What would you suggest? If you'd like me to run
a symbolized version to get the crash, or to upgrade to
1.6.4, I could do that.

-Paul Kinzelman