problems with 1.6.4 (fwd)

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
05 Nov 2001 10:31:17 -0600

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 10:17, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> rpmfind is a mirror of the standard redhat, suse, etc. shipped/
> production rpms.  It also mirrors redhats latest 'unstable' development
> release ('rawhide', presumably in refernce to the carpet burns from
> boinking with it.)

OK, I guess I misunderstood what rpmfind is.  I thought it was a sort of
"napster for RPMs" that let people build and upload RPMs that were indexed
by their file contents.  Didn't realize it was a redhat-provided service or
that it had restrictions on what it indexed.

As you can tell, I don't use red hat.

b.g.