EURO

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:08:57 +0100

lmb wrote:

> unfortunately, a "really easy" way doesn't exist yet; gnucash doesn't
> understand that the Euro currencies are all equivalent and only _displayed_ in
> either Franc, Deutsche Mark etc.

Errr, that's exactly *not* the way it is. Franc, DEM, and Euro *are*
different currencies, though with a fixed exchange rate.

What Gnucash would need for the Euro transition is some sort of wizard
that helps the user to create new accounts with the currency Euro, and
then exchange all amounts from the old currency to Euro. I was planning
to code such a wizard/druid, but I must admit that I haven't been doing
anything for it yet.

Christian