account transaction reports

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:03:07 -0600

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:21:36AM +1100, Doug Laidlaw was heard to remark:
> Thanks Linas. I won't take it any further.
>=20
> I notice that Gnucash=20
> supports online downloads, but to have direct importing into software fro=
m my=20
> bank, I have to pay and set it up. I download .QIF files. =20

The only kind of download that gnucash supports is QIF.

> I noticed with the first import that I struck case sensitivity problems. =
=20
> Apparently my check account name in transactions was written 2 ways on th=
e=20
> Quicken file, and Gnucash separated the entries into 2 accounts.

! Good-old-fashioned quality quicken data.

Maybe we should change the importer to be pseudo-case insensitive.
If it finds a mixed-case account name, it uses that.  But otherwise,
for account name matching, it should be case-insensitive.

--linas

--=20
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>
PGP Key fingerprint =3D 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--