Trouble: Shared object "libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2" not found

Marty Cawthon mrc@ChipChat.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:51:29 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

1) I successfully installed gnucash on FreeBSD 4.4-Stable using the FreeBSD 'ports'
   Also I successfully installed gnucash on NetBSD 1.5.2 using NetBSD 'pkgsrc'
   Both gnucash installations work well

2) I installed gnucash on another FreeBSD machine (4.4-Stable) using the FreeBSD 'ports'
   However when I try to run gnucash I encounter the following message:

   %gnucash
   /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2" not found

------------- What I have done to find the trouble -----------------
  A) I thought this may be due to an old library.
     I compared the /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 to my successful FreeBSD machine

    Troublesome machine
    EI-Tiger> ls -al /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
    -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  76264 Sep 21 22:31 /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1

    OK machine
    mrc@mrc-tiger> ls -al /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
    -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  76264 Sep 20 07:07 /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1

    The differences in the times are due to different times of "rebuilding
    the world" under FreeBSD.  The filesizes are the same, and one machine
    was updated shortly after the other.

    I tried to mv the 'suspect' file and replace it with the file from the
    'working' machine, but was not allowed (even as root).

 B) I looked on both machines for libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2
    but could not find it.

    I did this: find /usr -name libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2
    and found nothing on either machine

  B) I did a "pkg_delete" on many packages on the troublesome machine,
     then reinstalled many pre-compiled packages from FreeBSD.
     Gnome works, but the gnucash still tells me this error.

  Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Marty Cawthon
ChipChat