Localization problem

Jaroslav Sladek jsla7527@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:36:56 +0200

Instalation wasn't so hard, and this program looks really good. However, I've
run into problems concerning using local charset (specifically iso8859-2). In
ladder window, everything looks fine, and all characters are correctly
displayed, but when I try to generate a report or export it to html, all
non-standart characets are messed up. It's not problem with fonts, all other
programs are working fine.

When I look at saved account file in editor, wrong characters are already in
there (header says, it's UTF-8, but it uses wrong codes for all non-stadart
characters), so the root of the problem seems to be, that gnucash assumes all
input to be iso8859-1 or UTF-8, and doesn't attemt to do any conversion from/to
local charset. Is this addressed somewhere, or am I missing something?

Any suggestions welcomed, since this program is not of much use to me in it's
current state.

Thanks,
Jaroslav