Lost my gnome menu captions!

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:29:07 -0600

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 07:48:38AM -0600, John Thompson was heard to remark:

> This looked to me like the linked libraries gnucash uses were changed, so
> I recompiled and reinstalled gnome-libs-1.2.13-8 and gnome-core-1.2.4-16
> but nothing has changed.  I then recompiled and reinstalled gnucash with a
> similar lack of success.

Since that didn't fix it, I scratched my head and thought 'what about
libc might change that would cause this'?  And the only thing I can
think of is 'localization': i.e. The libc config files having to do with
time zones and language selection.  I.e. 'gettext': gnucash/gnome cannot
figure out which language you speak, and thus can't load the message
catalogues (i.e. libc is failing to default to C/English for some
reason).  Instead of getting english menu items you are getting blanks.

Thus, review/reinstall the language configuration files associated with
libc.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>