All my accounts are gone!

David Miller dmiller@nthdime.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 12:31:54 -0400

Actually, it is a binary file... first created using Gnucash 1.34 (or
maybe v1.4), and then I kept on using it with 1.60 and then 1.61. "File"
command, grep, and emacs all agree as to the binary status.

However, the backup .XAC and .LOG files are in XML / ASCII format
respectively.  So I only lost the last hour or so of work... annoying
but not disastrous.

Is the most recent .XAC file a complete backup of all my accounts at the
time of the backup?  I think so, but I haven't made sure yet.

Is the most recent .LOG file a list of the changes I applied to the most
recent .XAC file?  If it is, is there a way to apply the LOG file to the
XAC file, like a patch process?

Thanks again,
Dave