Two expense accounts for one transaction?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:00:12 -0500

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:49:14AM -0400, Paul Lussier was heard to remark:

> In a message dated: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:41:19 CDT
> Linas Vepstas said:
>
> >The 'action' field in the register was intended to provide this
> >function.   The intent was to allow the user to check of one or more
> >'categories' (which could be custom-hand-entered).   One of the reports
> >was supposed to allow you to sort and add things up by category.
>
> >Except that its broken right now .... you can't add your own custom
> >'actions' (they're hard-coded in), you can't pick multiple ones, and
> >there's no report that deals with them .... :-(
>
> Where on the priority list does fixing this lie?  Just curious.  It

Don't know.  I think this one would benefit from a white knight stepping
in to save the day ...

> would be a nice FEATURE, but not a necessity.  I'd rather have
> recurring transactions, etc. working before this :)

Well, on my list, it used to be high up there, but it seems that I use
gnucash in a way that 96% of all other users don't, at least according
to the survey.  So for me (personally speaking) recurring transactions
and budgets are at the bottom,  and things like actions are near the
top.   Alas ...

--linas