Two expense accounts for one transaction?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:03:46 -0500

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 06:09:40PM +0200, paul.poulain@free.fr was heard to remark:
> For personal use, it's mostly un-necessary (except for personns having more
> than 1 house, more than one car, or more than one wife/husband ;-)) )

Having 'dimension accounts' or 'actions' are handy for answering simple
personal questions, such as 'how much interest (summed over all
accounts) did I earn last year?'  Or 'what ws the total of all fees and
penalties'?

Or, more colloquially, 'how much did this road-trip cost me'?
It is not likely that you will set up a separate account for gasoline
charges for just one week of driving out to ski in the alps,
but it would be easy to mark the 'action' for one or two transactions
to be 'the ski trip'.

--linas