Options when adding a new transaction

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
05 Apr 2002 13:48:26 -0500

    Chase> I recently updated from a very very old version to the
    Chase> current stable version (1.6.6?) Whenever I add a
    Chase> transaction, a window pops up asking if i want to balance
    Chase> the transaction manually, let gnucash do it automatically,
    Chase> or let gnu cash add a split, and then it creates an
    Chase> imbalance account. I do not want it to ask me this. I dont
    Chase> even use gnucash for balacning my register, i just use it
    Chase> to keep track of what I have spent so i dont overdraw my
    Chase> checking account. How can I turn this off, so I can just
    Chase> enter a transaction, press enter, and enter another one.

Do you have autosplit turned on?  I.e., you are automatically
displaying the splits?  The only time I have seen this is when I have
it automatically show the split and I have only modified amount in one
part so the transaction does not balance.

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B