getting gnucash to load

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
27 Jan 2002 00:49:37 -0800

--=-lOh4U8dTcx5UZlldOmzx

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 22:47, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Okay I see the light at the end of the tunnel but I still can't get=20
> GnuCash up and running. when I type gnucash at the command line I get=20
> the following error.
>=20
> gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libguppitank.so.13:=20
>=20
> if I do a "locate libguppitank" I see that I have libguppitank.so.16=20
> loaded. I assume that since so.16 is a more recent copy and that since I=20
> need so.16 to run evolution that there must be *some* way for me to tell=20
> gnucash to run using so.16 (shouldn't it be set to run > 13 anyways?).=20
> so my problem is how do I do this? (perferably from rpm but I can=20
> compile from source if needed).

It appears the gnucash you have installed (from rpm?) was compiled
with a different library version of guppi. There is no way to tell
a binary version of gnucash to use a "minimum or higher" library
version. If the Guppi authors decide to bump the library version,
the rpms for old versions will not work.

Note that I am talking about the library version (.so.X),
not the Guppi version (Guppi .0.40, for example).

Your options are to downgrade Guppi or to get an rpm of gnucash
that uses a later version (or compile gnucash).

dave

--=-lOh4U8dTcx5UZlldOmzx

--=-lOh4U8dTcx5UZlldOmzx--