Problem with special chars in Account names

Otto Müller otto.mueller@bundestag.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:50:11 +0100

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7522744021585D745E32F627

Sorry for not reading your first posting carefulley: "... this category
name didn't display on the Expense chart key."

I didn't use the charts before. But now when I take a look a the
pie-chart (or the bar-chart) I get some other phenomenon that in my
account
 <act:name>Reparaturen &amp; Instandhaltung</act:name> the spaces and
the ampersand are not shown at all. This results in
"ReparaturenInstandhaltung". The same is with all accounts containing a
"german umlaut" in its name.

Another account <act:name>Square Dance</act:name> shows up all correct.

Is this a problem of locale? I have set LANG=3Dde_DE@euro.

My system is a SuSE-Linux 7.3 (out of the box) with Gnucash 1.6.2 and
Guppi 0.35.5-88.

Roger Rasmussen schrieb:
> =

> 1.6.5
> =

> Otto M=FCller wrote:
> =

> >What Gnucash-Version do you have?
> >
> >The 1.6.4 uses xml-format in its files and there the '&' is coded as t=
he
> >meta-character '&amp;'.
> >I have a subaccount called 'Reparaturen & Instandhaltung', which looks=

> >like
> >       <act:name>Reparaturen &amp; Instandhaltung</act:name>
> >and dosn't produce any oddness.
> >
> >Otto
> >
> >Roger Rasmussen schrieb:
> >
> >>In my 'Expense' account, I have a subaccount called 'Lawn Care &
> >>Landscape'.  Recently I noticed that this category name didn't displa=
> >>on the Expense chart key.  The $$ amounts showed up fine, but no key
> >>label.  When I changed it to 'Landscape' everything was fine.  Anyone=

> >>else see something like this?  Here's the error message I received in=
 my
> >>console.  The '&' seems to be the issue.
> >>
> >>guppi-layout-engine.c:schedule_layout:502: layout scheduled
> >>Entity: line 1: error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name
> >><gsml>Lawn Care & Landscape - $40.00</gsml>
> >>                 ^
--------------7522744021585D745E32F627

begin:vcard
n:Müller;Otto
tel;fax:0228/16-26840
tel;work:0228/16-27552
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Deutscher Bundestag - Verwaltung;Referat ZI 1
adr:;;Rheinweg 6;Bonn;;53113;
version:2.1
email;internet:otto.mueller@bundestag.de
fn:Otto Müller