file not found

Jan Handwerker jan.handwerker@web.de
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:51:13 +0100

Dear Christian,
dear List,

thank you very much for your help.

I tried twice to remove every file that is clearly connected to
gnucash by using 'locate gnucash' and deleting those files. This did
not help.

I tried several files in /opt/gnome/lib but found none being twice on
my computer. So did I with /opt/gnome/share/guile.
/opt/gnome/share/gnucash was removed already.

This did not help. The end was that I uninstalled everything that is
in the group gnm (gnome) under yast, deleted /opt/gnome totally (yes,
there were files left) and reinstalled gnucash 1.6.2. This installed
several libs from the gnome group. Now gnucash 1.6.2 works again. But
it seems to have some problems with german umlauts.

So I will wait for my next suse version to install a new gnucash
version.

BTW:
Gnucash is my substitute for an old version (1993 or so) of msmoney.
Since gnucash I do not need windows any more (nearly). But that money
programm resides on a single floppy disk. On the other hand, gnucash
eats nearly 50 MB on my harddisk together with those numerous libs
and dependencies.

So I want to ask a question, I'm probably not allowed to ask, cause I
don't know enough about gnucash: Is it really the right way to write
a programm depending even on a sound device driver (esound daemon)?
Installing gnucash from scratch is more complicated than installing a
linux distribution. I'm quite sure that gnucash could win a lot more
fans if there was not that hard installation.

Just my 0.02 EUR.

Thank you Christian and Linas again,

Jan