Reverted back to 1.6.2 - plus dependencies

leonatra leonatra@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:28:32 -0700

Hi Dave and others,
The original problem is restated on the bottom - but to sum up:

Right now I think what might help is just finding out WHERE I can
download the version 1.6.4 with ALL the dependency/library files.
or if that isn't that easy, can anybody list for me exactly what I
need to install a COMPLETE 1.6.4 version.

Anybody, please ? Thanks.

Dave your questions are answered below.

Kate
leonatra@yahoo.com
---------------------

n Tue, 2002-03-12 at 10:41, leonatra wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> Have used gnucash since December. Version 1.6.4. was  working for a month or two. I just entered some transactions last week. Today, when I called up the program a dialogue window showed asking for  a 'newer version'. Present version shows as 1.6.2.  I am assuming that it reverted back on its own ??
>
> I cannot access my latest record entries only those dating back a month.
>
> I've tried to load 1.6.4 over it and ended up with dependency problems.
> It shows dependency files missing.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Where can I find the dependency files for So 18, 19, and 14  ??
>     (I've searched the net unsuccessfully)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to a library
file (something.so.x.x.x)? Which library file (what is 'something')?

KATE AGAIN:
I don't know the library file name because the program did not give them
but only listed them as I stated as So 14, 18, 19

> 2. Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing this. If so, I would appreciate help in a simple manner as I am not too linux/gnu literate (yet  :-)  My O.S. is Suse 7.3

It seems like you might have two versions of gnucash lying around,
along with possibly two data files, one with the older data. Is that
a possibility?

dave

KATE AGAIN:
No, not really. The 1.6.4 was installed over the 1.6.2 and apparently used its files -
which apparently somehow got lost/ corrupted or whatever - by now.