Reverted back to 1.6.2 - plus dependencies

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
12 Mar 2002 22:41:18 -0800

--=-CXb1gF3Q+3DxBghoaHsb

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 16:28, leonatra wrote:
>=20
> Hi Dave and others,
> The original problem is restated on the bottom - but to sum up:
>=20
> Right now I think what might help is just finding out WHERE I can
> download the version 1.6.4 with ALL the dependency/library files.
> or if that isn't that easy, can anybody list for me exactly what I
> need to install a COMPLETE 1.6.4 version.=20

I'm not sure anyone has compiled such a list. Anyway, it would
vary from distro to distro.

> > 1. Where can I find the dependency files for So 18, 19, and 14  ??  =20
> >     (I've searched the net unsuccessfully)
>=20
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to a library
> file (something.so.x.x.x)? Which library file (what is 'something')?
>=20
> KATE AGAIN:
> I don't know the library file name because the program did not give them
> but only listed them as I stated as So 14, 18, 19

Ok, could you post the exact error message that contains
these numbers (14, 18, etc)?

> > 2. Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing this. If so, I would ap=
preciate help in a simple manner as I am not too linux/gnu literate (yet  :=
-)  My O.S. is Suse 7.3
>=20
> It seems like you might have two versions of gnucash lying around,
> along with possibly two data files, one with the older data. Is that
> a possibility?
>=20
> dave
>=20
> KATE AGAIN:
> No, not really. The 1.6.4 was installed over the 1.6.2 and apparently use=
d its files -
> which apparently somehow got lost/ corrupted or whatever - by now.

Was 1.6.4 installed using an rpm or by compiling from source?

dave

--=-CXb1gF3Q+3DxBghoaHsb

--=-CXb1gF3Q+3DxBghoaHsb--